The Journal of Shelter Medicine and Community Animal Health (JSMCAH) is an independent online journal published by the Association of Shelter Veterinarians. JSMCAH publishes original research, case studies, professional guidelines, and review articles relevant to shelter and community animal health, behavior, and welfare. This includes a variety of topics such as companion animal epidemiology, shelter population management, spay-neuter programs, access to care programs, spectrum of care, community services, public health, disaster response, and veterinary forensics. Learn more >>
Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
The results, data, figures, or other material in this manuscript have not been formally published previously and are not currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- I have prepared my submission in accordance with the journal author guidelines.
- I have registered for an ORCID iD. All submitting Corresponding Authors must provide an ORCID iD when submitting a manuscript. Coauthors are strongly encouraged to provide an ORCID iD but are not required. Authors can register for an ORCID iD for free at orcid.org.
- All authors shall have made (1) substantial contributions to conception and design, or acquisition of data, or analysis and interpretation of data and (2) drafted the article or revised it critically for important intellectual content. Additionally, first authors and corresponding authors—who may be the same person—shall (3) have authority for final approval of the version to be published and (4) agree to be accountable publicly for the accuracy and integrity of the article.
- I have a list of three or more suggested reviewers.
- I have prepared the manuscript for double-blind review. Please note that authors are responsible for ensuring that the paper is properly anonymized; this will not be checked by your editor.
The names and email addresses entered in the JSMCAH site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party. The data collected from registered and non-registered users of this journal falls within the scope of the standard functioning of peer-reviewed journals. The journal’s editorial team collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with the journal. Read the full Privacy Statement here.